|Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook|
- Facebook passes Google as the most visited site of 2010.
- Facebook reaches 500 million international followers in July, 2010.
- Mark Zuckerberg is Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2010.
- Facebook hooks up with Skype to create a communication mega-monster.
- Facebook reaches $2 billion in revenue for 2010.
- Statistics show that over 250 million people use Facebook every day.
- Facebook rolls out Facebook Places which adds an aspect of location-based-information-sharing to the social networking site.
- 44% of all media sharing was through Facebook in 2010.
- Facebook accounts for 25% of all United States pageviews.
- The Social Network movie is one of the most popular movies of the year; although it portrays Zuckerberg potentially inaccurately, it gave the social networking site a lot of press and focused the public's eye on the young CEO.
2010 will go down in history as the year social media erupted with Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg leading the pack. Happy New Year, Facebook. We hope you impress us in 2011 as much as you did in 2010.